Microfiction: Tis' the Holiday Season

Tis the Holiday Season 


Tis the Holiday Season

Oh how badly our world needs a time of cheer

A time spent with family and friends

A time filled with love

Our world is crumbling 

And the holiday season is cheerful

Our world needs more love

More respect for others

Tis the Holiday Season

Spend time with the ones you love most

Help the ones in need

Reconnect with old friends
Spread love to the ones who need it most

Tis the Holiday Season

Christmas carols

Santa is coming

The reindeer are joyful

The angles are singing

The snow is falling

Tis the Holiday Season 


The Best Time of the Year 

Jolly, holly, Christmas

It must be the most wonderful time of the year

Although we have delt with a pandemic

It is time to spread Christmas cheer

Care for your elders

Give time to charity and ones in need

Put a smile on a strangers’ face

It’s jolly, holly Christmas 


Note: 

I decided to write these stories because I am so excited for the holiday season to begin. Since it has been such a crazy and hard year for everyone, I think the holidays is a crucial time to love on family members and friends. These Microfiction stories came from my heart and I wrote them because I want people to spread holiday cheer to the world. 


Length: 

I wrote two stories: 100 word length story and a 50 word length story. 



I chose this image because it is a great picture of family spending quality time together. 

Comments

  1. Hey Kylie! I really enjoyed your microfiction stories! I too simply adore the holidays so these were a welcome little addition. I actually enjoyed the format of your stories as well. I thought the way you had some repeating motifs was a fun touch. One thing I think might be a good change would be to either fully lean into the sections where you say things like "our world is crumbling" or to leave them out. I would try to make them an opposing force to the holiday cheer, but that's just a suggestion. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror