Week 6 Story: Siddhartha Leaves His Father's Palace

He called his officer, Kyle. "Bring me my horse lord, it is my time. I must go on. I have been in a deep dark place and I must move on. The time has come, and it is my time to leave," HE said to Kyle.

 

Kyle knew he had to listen to his master, but he felt the need to disobey. He didn't think getting his horse for him was the right thing to do. But since he is a good officer, he grabbed the horse anyway.

 

Sierra was an incredible, beautiful, and fast animal. He was strong and has won many battles. Isabella, the kings daughter, stroked Sierra. She didn't want Sierra to leave. She has seen Sierra help her father in so many ways. Sierra and Isabella have developed a relationship unlike anyone else's. She new if Sierra left, her whole world would be shook.

 

Isabella decided to take matters into her own hands and run away with Sierra. She knew this would make her father angry, but she could not stand the fact that her and Sierra would be separated if she did not do this. Isabella told Sierra that they had to run south, towards the sun. And the only way they could do this without getting caught is if Kyle distracted her father.

 

Kyle began flagging down the king. He claimed there was a father to the north and they had to call the kingdom to help stop the fire. The king started to freak out and starting shouting for Sierra. Sierra was no where to be found. The king started to panic, searching high and low for his horse. 

 

After five days, Sierra and Isabella returned. The king was upset and disappointed. He had been worried sick about the both of them. Isabella began to cry when they reunited. “I am so sorry father, I will never leave again.” And she never did. 


Author's note: I made big changes to this story because some of the words in the original story were a bit confusing and hard to understand. I wanted to make this story a happy ending and something enjoyable for me to write. I am very proud of it. It is hard for me to be creative but I am working on it. 


Bibliography: This story is part of the Buddha unit. Story source: The Life of Buddha by Andre Ferdinand Herold (1922). Specific story: Siddhartha Leaves His Father's Palace

 http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/life-of-buddha-siddhartha-leaves.html



Image from: Siddhartha Leaves His Father's Palace

Comments

  1. Hi Kylie!
    Your story is very interesting, I like how you changed some of the story to make us understand the original story better. I also like that you gave them different name because I had hard time pronouncing their original names. I also liked how showed emotion when Isabelle returned at the palace. You expressed her feelings by words when she cried. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie, I have not read these stories but I can see exactly what you were trying to convey so I think you did a great job. The names were easy and the story was easy to follow. I do not think you are struggling creatively and never would have known if you had not said anything. The colors, images, and story structure were all well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie!

    Your story is very intriguing and I really enjoyed reading something I haven't read before. I like how you decided to make your own approach to this story and change it into a more modern/understandable version. I also loved how you decided on a happy ending for your story! Your writing is super creative and expressive! Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror