Microfiction: Two Tiny Ghost Stories (Happy Halloween!)

Drabbles: October Fest

My girlfriends and I decided to attend October Fest, but I was terrified. Ghosts, goblins, witches, and other scary costumes everywhere. The first thing we did was enter a haunted house. My heart was beating so fast and my hands were covered in sweat. As we entered the haunted house, the first scene was a graveyard. Dead bodies and bones were scattered everywhere. Skeletons would reach out and touch all of us. I started to scream. My eyes were filled with fear. Suddenly, a skeleton hand grabbed my leg and I fell. I could not get up and was trapped. 


Two Sentence Story: The Graveyard


"The night was smokey and dark. An evil ghost appeared and snatched the rabbits around him."


An evil ghost roams this graveyard. The ghost always eats the rabbits around the graveyard whenever visitors come. 


Author's Note: I decided to create both my own Drabble and two sentence story because I wanted to test myself on how creative I can be. I don't normally write scary stories and thought it would be fun since it is October. I enjoyed creating these short stories because it made me think how to effectively write a short story. It also pushed me since the word length is so short.



This is an image of the scary graveyard in my Two Sentence Story: The Graveyard
Image Source: Graveyard



Comments

  1. Hello, I thought both of your short stories were very good regarding the length. I also loved your creativity by making them scary stories since it is so close to Halloween! I also struggle with my own creativity sometimes but the more you put yourself out there the more possibilities there is! Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie :)
    I thought your microfictions were very good. I liked the detail in both. For your first story, you made good use of short sentences to convey the sense of fear and action. You could go even shorter and say "We entered the haunted house. The first scene? A graveyard." Short punchy sentences like that can really amp up the effect you're going for!
    I also really liked your two sentence horror story. It left me feeling very creeped out! It made me wonder if the rabbits were really rabbits or the visitors instead. I like how you keep it unclear! For your second sentence, you could edit it down a little to make it a bit snappier. For instance you could edit it as "It always eats the rabbits whenever visitors come."
    As a whole, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie,

    I think you did a fantastic job creating both of your short stories. For the October Fest story, I could totally relate with the one and only time that I ever went to a haunted house. Fortunately, I didn't fall as the main character did in the story, but the ghosts, goblins and witches part of show was not something that I was so fond of. I do wonder how did you end up after you fell? Did you get up and got out of there immediately? Honestly, I would if that were to ever happen! I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie,
    I really like your micorfictions. I have not written one yet but really like the idea of being able to fight your thought into just a couple sentences. I think you did a great job of this. You theme of Halloween fight perfectly. Look forward to seeing some of your other writing as we finish up this semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror