Week 2 Feedback

 I really enjoyed reading the articles about rejection and negativity. They gave me a new perspective on how to be more positive for myself, and not let rejection take over my work ethic or feelings. I believe that it is important to experience rejection because it makes you work harder and often motivates people to push themselves beyond their comfort limits. One of the articles that stood out to me was "How to Get Past Negativity Bias in Order to Hardwire Positive Experiences," by Katrina Swartz. Swartz mention four main topics to help overcome negativity. This included: Have, enrich, absorb, and link positive and negative material. "Have" referred to creating or bringing up a good experience. "Enrich" referred to having a positive experience and extending the time you think about it. "Absorb" refereed to absorbing a positive experience and imagine how that experience affects oneself. Lastly, linking positive and negative material relates to keeping a positive experience in the back of your mind so the next time a negative experience happens, you can lessen the negativity and think more positively. Overall, these articles gave me a new perspective on how to handle negativity. I feel that negativity can really take a toll on people, physically and mentally. These articles made me more aware on how to handle situations that I feel are negative or that I am rejected in. 



I chose this image because I am a perfectionist myself. Being a perfectionist has its' perks, however it can often led to low self confidence and self negativity. I thought this was an inspiring image. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror