Week 14 Story: Snow White

 Once upon a time, it was a cold, winter night. The snow was falling so hard you could hear thumps from inside the castle. The king and queen just brought a little girl into the world. Her skin was as white as the glistening snow, and her lips were as red as a cherry. She was beautiful.

The king and queen were in love with their little girl. They were so proud to be her parents and knew one day, she would be the most beautiful queen. 

Years went by, and Snow White was growing into a woman. Her long, luscious black hair. Her psoralen skin, and ruby, red lips. She was irresistible. 

The queen became very sick when Snow White was 10 years old. The king and Snow White prayed and prayed, but the queen did not get better.

That winter, the queen died. Snow White was devastated. Her mother was her best friend. 

Snow White began crying, her skin turned blue. Her hair turned gray, and her lips were gray.

The king did not know what to do. If he should tell his daughter, her physical appearance has completely changed. 

“Snow White, I think you need to go look in the looking-glass. I am not sure what is happening to you,” said the king. 

Snow White’s eyes were filled with tears. She was in shock. “AHHHHHH!!!!” screamed Snow White. “What has happened to me!”

As time went on, Snow White calmed down. Her face, hair, and lips were back to normal. She started to wonder that when her emotions change, so does her physical appearance.

The next day, Snow White began to cry. She was still very upset. And yet again, she looked in the looking-glass and her physical appearance was the same as it was when she was upset the other day.

The queen casted a spell on Snow White. Before she died, she looked through the looking-glass and spoke.

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall. My little girl shall not fall. Make her emotions show when time crawls.”

Only the king knew that his wife had done this, but he was too scared to tell Snow White. He knew she would be upset and crushed.

Time went on, some days were sad ones, and some were not. Snow White was still confused. 

One night, Snow White had a dream about her mother. An angel told her in her dream that in order to undo her physical curse, she must marry. 

Snow White woke up that morning in a panic. She knew in order to get rid of this awful spell, she must find a prince. 

As she went into the kitchen, there was a prince standing there. The light was perfectly hitting him. He was handsome, tall, and looked like the perfect prince.

Snow White knew that he was sent from her mother in heaven. That night, the two were married. And Snow White cried because she was so happy.

They were crowned Prince and Princess of Wonderland, and Snow White’s physical appearance never changed again. 

Authors Note: The original story of Snow White from the Brothers Grimm (Crane) Unit is more evil and more suspenseful than the one I wrote today. Since I was a little girl, I have always loved Snow White. The Disney princesses were my favorite thing to read about and dress up as. Snow White was one of my favorite princesses. When I saw that this week's unit was European stories, I was so excited. What made me even more thrilled was there was a story about Snow White. Obviously, the European version is much different than the Disney version, but I love them all. I wanted to spin my own take on this story because since I have read so many different versions of Snow White, why not make my own! I decided to have the looking-glass effect Snow White instead of the evil new queen that remarries Snow White's father after the queen passes away. I brought in the prince in the end as a sign of heaven for Snow White to experience from her mother. I always find those stories so special. I went my own direction with this story but making Snow White’s physical appearance change instead of an evil queen wanting her dead because she was more beautiful than her. I hope you enjoyed my story. 

Bibliography:  

This story is part of the Brothers Grimm (Crane) unit. Story source: Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm, translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane (1886).

Snow White



The looking-glass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror