Week 9 Story: How Mr. Rabbit Was Too Sharp for Mr. Fox

 Brer Fox laughed when he found Brer Rabbit tangled up with Tar-Baby. Brer Fox felt like he was on top of the world. 

 

Brer Rabbit was fooling Brer Fox. “My oh my, did I get you this time Brer fox,” he said. “You’ve been sassy to me and running around this town like you own the place,” said Brer Rabbit. Brer Rabbit was fed up with Brer Fox thinking he owns the town. Tar-Baby heard Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit arguing. He peaked his head up from the pound. Tar-Baby said he was fed up with Brer Fox as well. 

 

Tar-Baby decided to make a plan with Brer Rabbit on how they can teach Brer Fox a lesson. “He does not own this town!” screamed Brer Rabbit. “I am sick of him thinking he can play all of these pranks on us and get away with it,” said Tar-Baby.

 

“How about we fool Brer Fox by throwing snakes in his home?” asked Brer Rabbit. “Oh, that is a perfect idea,” said Tar-Baby.

 

Tar-Baby started to grin and move his hands together as if he was screaming together a plan. Tar-Baby began to dance and sing, “my oh my, what a wonderful day! My oh my, today will be my day.”

 

Brer Rabbit was happy that finally someone was on his side to get back at Brer Fox. Brer Rabbit began searching for any snakes he saw in the fields. 

 

Tar-Baby swam in the pond for any water snakes he could fine.

 

“Tar-Baby! I found one, I got em’,” said Brer Rabbit.

“YESSSSS!!!!! Now we got him!” said Tar-Baby.

 

Tar-Baby and Brer Rabbit walked to Brer Fox’s home, broke the door, and put the snakes in Brer Fox’s sink.

 

Brer Fox came home later that night. The snakes were hiding under his bed. As he went to bed, the snakes bit his arms and Brer Fox screamed out, “DANG BRER RABBIT AND TAR-BABY! I WILL GET YOU BACK.”


Author's Note: I decided to use the same characters from "How Mr. Rabbit Was Too Sharp for Mr. Fox," but I created my own plot. I thought I would test my creativity and put a twist on how Brer Rabbit gets back at Brer Fox.


Bibliography: 

How Mr. Rabbit Was Too Sharp for Mr. Fox

Brer Rabbit Unit- Story source: Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings by Joel Chandler Harris (1881).

Brer Rabbit



This is an image of Brer Fox laughing at Brer Rabbit.

Image Source: Brer Fox


Comments

  1. Hi Kylie, your story is so fun! I love the addition of the snake. One question I have is why did he swim to get the snake if it could bite him? Why did it not bite him in the water and did bite as Brer Fox was going to bed? I like how especially they put the snake in the sink of all places. Great story! Can't wait to read more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie! I actually read this story this week so it was fun seeing your version and what you took from the original! The fox was so clever making a Tar-baby to trick the rabbit! I thought it was hilarious and kinda weird haha! I like how you gave the puppet human characteristics and made it dance and jump around. I think that made the whole plan more tricky. I also love how you changed the ending with Brer Rabbit putting snakes under Brer Fox's bed. Very clever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror