Growth Mindset

 After watching the videos provided in this assignment, I really enjoyed learning more about the "growth mindset." I have never heard of Carol Dweck, she is an incredible woman. I loved watching her Ted Talk and learning more about what the growth-fixed mindset is. I personally feel that now that I am a senior in college, I am more on the growth-fixed mindset because I do not always focus on the letter grade I receive, but on how much I learn, how to do the best I can personally do in a class, and the value of relationships I make in each class. I find these things to be more important than a physical letter grade because I will never look back at my school experience, I will think about my memories and what I learned. Her ted talk really changed my perspective about school and what success truly means. I think I will be interested to learn more about growth mindset this semester because I think it had a lot of important life lessons linked to it. I believe that the quality of education and effort is much more important than a grade. My personal learning goals I have for this semester are giving 100% effort to every assignment, learning as much as a I can from each class, and be confident when giving presentations. 


I like this image because it implies that it's good to make mistakes so you can learn from them. 

Source: https://profile.cheezburger.com/digitalmagistra/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: The Miraculous Mirror